Monday, June 14, 2010

Day One

I don't know what I was thinking today. I am so hungry. I stayed within my limits, but even the "healthy" or low cal options at fast food restaurants are never as good or as filling as the things that you can make yourself.  I watched my fiance scarf down four cheesy burritos and half of a family sized cole slaw, while I ate two severely undersized entrees.  I need to remember that fast food only makes me hungrier.  Since I had dinner I haven't been able to put the thought of dessert out of my mind.  Chocolate chip cookies sound absolutely wonderful.  I hate the first day of a new diet.  It's so hard, because I want to just give up and start tomorrow.  I want to just say, "Forget it, it's only one day! What difference will one day make?"  The problem with that kind of thinking is that every day is just one day.  Each year is made up of 365 "just one days."  Tomorrow, I will be able to full like I have some kind of momentum.  I know that one I start it will get easier.  I just need to get through the first week.

Exercise: 30 minutes walking steps, 15 minutes strength building exercises.

Breakfast: Coffee with non-dairy creamer and equal, and a light yogurt.

Lunch: Two veggie dogs without a bun and 1 cup of green beans.

Dinner: Two fresco bean burritos from Taco Bell, and a medium diet soda.

Midnight Snack: Canned light fruit cocktail mixed with light yogurt.  I also had some cauliflower with soy sauce a bit later.

Link of the Day: How to Lose Weight as a Vegetarian|eHow.Com: Being vegetarian does not necessarily lead to a healthier lifestyle, although it can become a healthier lifestyle with a few changes. This short article outlines a few easy changes to go from junk food vegetarian to a healthier herbivore.  A lot of these simple steps are things that I already incorporate into my diet and lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment