Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Goal for My Journey

Every journey must have an end.  Having the end in mind, is the first step that you take.  I decided to articulate my goal by setting a realistic timeline and end product, that is what I would like to achieve and when I would like to achieve it.  I decided that I am going to reach a healthy weight by July 31st, 2011 (my 26th birthday).  That gives me almost an entire year, and also has the benefit of being right before bathing suit season.  I am giving myself a lengthy amount of time, so that I can lose weight gradually and healthfully and not all at once with some kind of crash diet.  For my height my ideal weight is somewhere between 114 lbs and 150 lbs.  Right now I am about 230 lbs.  That means (obviously) that within the next year I need to lose at least 80 lbs, which is a huge undertaking.  I can break this massive goal into weekly bit size pieces, of course.  Every week I would like to lose a little bit more than a pound and a half.  In tomorrow's post I will look at how I am going to get to my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment